ProQuip is the most played golf clothing brand in the history of The Ryder Cup.
Its lightweight rain gear has been chosen by 20 Ryder Cup Teams – European and American – since 1983.
I activated an integrated PR & Marketing campaign in 2014 to enable ProQuip to benefit commercially from its status as the preferred supplier of weatherwear to the 2014 Ryder Cup Europe team at Gleneagles, Scotland.
Raise consumer awareness of ProQuip’s status as the preferred supplier of the 2014 European Ryder Cup Team rain suits
Drive consumer traffic to www.proquipgolf.com
Drive sales of ProQuip’s Ryder Cup collection – through approved retailers and the official Euroshop on www.rydercup.com
Inspire interest in & sales of official ProQuip merchandise at The 2014 Ryder Cup merchandise tent at Gleneagles between September 23 – 28, 2014
Position ProQuip Golf as the experts in the field of golf weatherwear
- OTSH (Opportunity to See and Hear): 25,420,452
- More than 25 million people worldwide (predominantly UK and USA) had the opportunity to see or hear ProQuip’s campaign messages
- 27 pieces of print and online media coverage – including The Scotsman, BBC Scotland, Today’s Golfer, Golf Monthly, Golf World, Golf WRX, Golf Wire, Golf News, Business Quarter, National Club Golfer and Golf Magic
- 300% increase in web traffic to www.proquipgolf.com during ‘Ryder Cup’ week
- 3 x sell through of ProQuip Official Ryder Cup merchandise at the Gleneagles pavilion
- ProQuip appointed official licensee of the 2016 and 2018 Ryder Cup matches
- April – September 2014
- Advertising – £13,000
- PR & Social Media – £10,200
- In-kind contributions – £1000 (Visit Scotland)
- Total spend – £22,200