Matthew is a specialist in golf PR and marketing for brands, businesses and destinations.
A former print journalist and TV presenter with experience working for Golf Monthly – the UK’s oldest and best-read golf magazine – and CNN Sports golf desk in the United States.
Across two decades, I’ve interviewed Ryder Cup Captains, Major Champions and legends of the game, written everything from features, news and course reviews to training aid user instructions.
I have a deep understanding of golf, golfers and the business of golf and have worked for and with some of the UK’s best golf marketing agencies.
I am passionate about representing clients with professionalism, integrity and a commitment to building long lasting & beneficial relationships inside the sport.
On course, I hold a handicap of 1 and have played at an elite level.
I was Captain of the University of St Andrews Men’s Golf Team, represented Durham County Golf Union and both the British & Scottish Universities sports federations.
In 2001, I won the prestigious Bobby Jones Memorial Scholarship, from the University of St Andrews to Emory University, Atlanta.
There, I studied broadcast, magazine and print journalism in a building bearing the name of Ely Callaway – founder of Callaway Golf – and worked at CNN Sports on its weekly Golf Extra magazine show.
Golf PR & Marketing clients I’ve worked with
- TGI Golf
- BagBoy Golf
- ProQuip Golf
- Foremost Golf
- Gaunt Golf Design
- Ryder Cup Europe
- Zero-Friction Golf
- Greg Norman Collection
- ZeroFit Sports Technology
- Burhill Golf & Leisure Group
- KPMG Golf Business Advisory Services
- PGA European Tour Courses Group
- Thomson Perrett & Lobb – golf course architecture practice
- Landmark Golf Marketing – strategic golf marketing and communications agency
- Performance 54 – Golf Marketing & Talent Management
Destinations – Linna Golf, Finland, PGA Golf de Catalunya (Spain), Stapleford Park Hotel & Golf, Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa, Thorpeness Golf Club & Hotel, The Hotel Folk
- Geoff Swain – World Golf Trickshot Champion
- Jeremy Dale – innovative performance coach and ambidextrous golf trick shot entertainer