Powering up organisational profile
Youth development charity Ocean Youth Trust North received funding to set up a powerboat training school from Sported in 2015.
Matthew Moore Consulting managed the media launch and media relations for the charity at Newcastle Quayside’s Marina with the iconic Tyne Bridge as the backdrop.
- Raise awareness of OYTN’s new powerboat training school and RYA accredited powerboat training courses in North East England
- Position OYTN as the region’s leading sail training and youth development charity
- Provide a high-impact visual media opportunity for regional broadcast and print outlets
- Launch the powerboat school with a first training voyage for local young people on the River Tyne beneath Newcastle’s iconic Tyne Bridge
- Interviews with OYTN Managing Director Steve Lennon and children from a South Shields based youth work charity
- Regional TV, Radio, print and online coverage, specialist yachting, boating and third sector press leading to bookings on RYA specialist training courses from local youth groups and commercial Maritime businesses